Tuesday, 11 November 2014

How i came up with the costume design

I came up with the costume designs after i had watched a few horror opening titles. I thought to myself do i want this to look old or modern. I had decided to do it in a modern theme so then came the question on what stereotypes do i want to use for my opening titles. The reason for having stereotypes in my production is because it means that as an audience member you are able to relate to the characters in the opening titles. I decided to have a stereotipical sweat in accent girl who whore a dress which went to her knees and a cardigan. Then i had a stereotipical bad girl and the costume for this was a white top with a black leather jacket and ripped skinny jeans. Then came the stereotipical popular guy and the costume for this was a demin jacket with a white t-shirt and black skinny jeans.

I came about these ideas after looking into what stereotypes are used in films and horror films. most of the opening titles i watched had similar stereotypes and similar costumes. I also got the idea for the ghost's costume from looking at other horror genre opening titles. The costume i had for the ghost was a black hooded jumper with black trousers and a black sheet throwen over. The reason for this is because it adds to the dark setting and makes the audience feel un easy about the hole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment