Tuesday, 4 November 2014

reflection of my blog so far


REFLECTION OF MY BLOG

The first thing I have looked at is 180-degree rule, match on action, shot reverse shot and continuity editing. Then I looked at storyboards that I did for a shot mini clip using as many of the shots as possible. Then I went on to analyzing screen shots of an opening title to a film or TV show. The next post I did was on mise-en-scene which was done on prezi. Then I went onto looking at cinematography and all the different shots I can use in my video to help give it a edge. The last thing I have done was a sewed video on the movie juno.


After looking through all my posts and doing all of the research that I have done I now know what is needed to make my opening title video the best it can be and make it so the target audience will be hooked and interested. I know all about the different shots i can use for my opening titles and where to place them/use them so it gives my video an edge so it looks the best it can be. From looking at what genre I can do and researching on them I have now decided to do the horror genre and from my research I now know what I can do for that genre. When looking at other opening titles in the horror genre I now know what to do and how I can use different props to help get the message across that it is part of the horror genre and not to give away any of the main characters that would be in the hole film if I was making one. I have also looked at colors and how they are a very important aspect for my opening titles. From looking at the colors I can use I know to use dark colors like red and black because red symbolizes blood, pain, danger and death and black symbolizes death, danger, darkness and loneliness. By looking at these dark colors I know what colors to use when for the different sequences for my opening titles and how this will cause an effect upon the audience as they watch it. From research I know what the audience will expect from my opening titles as a horror. This is helpful as it means I can make my opening title appeal to them as an audience and also to make it the best it can be so it does not disappoint my audience.  After looking at how many titles are in an opening title for a horror film I now know that I at least need 15-20 titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment