This effected my ideas in a positive way because i knew what was needed and how i could put this into my opening titles. It gave me a good incite in to what kind of costume would be needed and the sort of age my actors would need to be.
Monday, 2 February 2015
Question 5- part 1
I did some research into my target audience to see what age groups were best statistics wise for the average horror movie. The age group that came up were 15 to 24 years of age. I then did some genre research to see what kind of horrors are in my target audience and how they influence their target audience. I then did some research into what my target audience liked and disliked in horror movies. I then went and looked at other opening titles for horror movies that had the same target audience as i did. From looking at all of my research i have found out that people want young actors that are relatable so that people can really feel the fear that the characters feel in the opening titles. I found out they want something new, something that can and will really strike fear into their hearts and prey upon their fear. I found that i needed to make so it was not to graphic but also not to pure, it had to have some gore init but not too much. I also found out that females statistics wise of the age group 15-24 watched horror movies more. For this i put two females and one male into my opening titles instead of more males. the reason for this meant that females who watched my opening titles had more characters to relate upon meaning that they would be able to feel the fear that those characters feel within the movie also i can then feed upon their fear to create a scared audience which is what you want when making a movie in the horror genre.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment